



**Steering  
Committee**

**Joyce Johnson**  
MSJC  
*Co-Chair*

**Lucie Gonzalez**  
Riverside County  
Office of Education  
*Co-Chair*

**Nohora Vazquez**  
Lake Elsinore USD  
*Co-Director*

**Jasmine Port**  
MSJC  
*Co-Director*

**Melissa Lee**  
Banning USD  
*Member*

**Matthew Centofranchi**  
Hemet USD  
*Member*

**Anthony Coronado**  
Beaumont USD  
*Member*

**Morgan Quick**  
Murrieta Valley USD  
*Member*

**Dr. Pauline Garcia**  
Perris UHSD  
*Member*

**Ken Swanson**  
San Jacinto USD  
*Member*

**David Schlottman**  
Temecula Valley USD  
*Member*

AEP Steering Committee Meeting  
Fri., August 9, 2024 - 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.

**MVC – Building 3000, Rm 3026**  
**28237 La Piedra Rd., Menifee, CA**

**MINUTES**

**Participants:**

Blair Bradley – Hemet, Jasmine Port, Nancy Carr, Miriam Brijandez, Marlon Hernandez – MSJC, Nohora Vazquez – Lake Elsinore, Pauline Garcia – Perris, Michelle Smith – Murrieta, Ken Swanson, Todd Peel, Aida Polanco – San Jacinto, Anthony Coronado – Beaumont, Melissa Lee (virtual) – Banning, David Schlottman, Chris Rivard – Temecula, Lenore DeJesus – CFLC, Julie Carter (virtual) RCOE, Morgan Quick – Murrieta

**I. Call to Order:**

Meeting called to order at 9:04 a.m. by Jasmine Port

**II. SRAE Membership – Welcome to New Consortium Members**

- Murrieta Adult Ed Principal – Morgan Quick
- Temecula Valley Lead Instructor – Chris Rivard

**III. Consortium Transition Specialist**

- Space Logistics
- Agency Data Contact

**Jasmine:** Introduced Marlon Hernandez as Transition Specialist for the consortium. Nohora and I, along with Marlon narrowed down the duties.

**Nohora:** We're working with Marlon to have a consistent model throughout the agencies that will allow him to help each agency with the same transition structure to create the same outcomes for each agency. We need your agency's collaboration to provide the data to Marlon so he can be most effective. We need to know the contact person in your agency that will provide that data to him. He knows the data he will need and that will be what he is asking you for. We have been underreporting so we need to bring those numbers up. We need to be able to record the outcomes that in the past have not been accounted for.

**Jasmine:** We all need to be on the same page with communication. We will confirm who your data person is and determine the space for his work at your agency.

**Blair:** We had some struggles because our transition specialist couldn't access the data. Can we figure out that access?

**Nohora:** That may be another question that we will get the information from each of you.

**Jasmine:** MSJC no longer using Google, we are using Microsoft so we will have to get that nailed down for the data access.

**Blair:** Quarterly having our data person attend meetings.

#### **IV. Marketing Update**

- Final Scope of Work, 24-25
- Organic Social Media – Jasmine
- Website Updates – Nohora

**Jamine:** We approved the budget for this fiscal at \$135,000. This is a bit scaled down to fit with our budget. We are moving ahead with landing pages for the agencies so we will all get landing pages. That should provide direct seamless access to our students on the SRAE website and take them to the landing page of the program they want to get involved in. We want students sent directly to our programs. We need authentic pictures from agencies of leads, students, facilities, etc. and not stock images. The organic social media piece wasn't providing the whole message, so we decided to drop that. I will be taking on that task and Nohora will take on the task of website updates. We have to keep this going and not allow our presence to fizzle. We still want to see submissions on a bi-weekly basis to support this work.

**Blair:** And we are working on tagging to connect our agencies.

**Jasmine:** Yes, we will be following all your agencies and there is a science and I will work with each agency to support this effort and will reach out to you for what I need since the marketing company will no longer be supporting that element.

**Nohora:** We can do updates if there is something you don't like about your page. We will leverage your information.

#### **V. Murrieta ESL Program Professional Learning Support:**

**Jasmine:** There may be some gaps or needs at your agency, so this is a formal invitation to let you know we are here to support you as a team. We don't want to be invasive but once you get settled in, let Nohora and myself know your needs.

#### **VI. Annual Professional Development Event Updates:**

**Jasmine:** We approved a budget of \$25,000 and we identified the date of Oct. 17<sup>th</sup> and we have been doing some planning and scouting and the venue is often an issue and we tried to identify other locations and it's a tough comparison to what is available.

Pechanga is better and easier to work with so we'd like to return there for the event. Oct. 17<sup>th</sup> isn't available, so we are proposing we move it to Wed. Oct 16<sup>th</sup> when the venue is available. 4-8 pm.

**Nohora:** There are a lot of logistical items that need to be done.

**Tim:** Can we change the times.

**Jasmine:** Will 4:00 – 7:30 work? We want faculty and data people there and we will assist with costs.

**Nohora:** We will make it work and tighten it up.

Group agreed to the change of the date and Pechanga for the location.

## **VII. CAEP Deliverables:**

- Member Budget Workplan Narratives

**Nohora:** We will be going over timelines for 822 course approvals. They require proof that the courses are approved by the school board. You have to route the pathway where your course falls into. Once you get your course approval, you will take that letter to your board for approval. You need to make sure you have access to the OTAN site, and you have a login. Check that your information on their site is correct and update that information if needed. On this page there is a tab for course approvals. There is a tab to see all your previously approved courses. They are divided into academics and CTE. You need to meet with your team about updates and when that took place so you can provide that information. They want to make sure you are keeping up to date.

**Blair:** Using online programs, we need to make sure we have overarching course outlines and how you are implementing the online course.

**Nohora:** They want to ensure you are updating your curriculum. If you need assistance, call me. This is a CAEP item, not just WIOA. CAEP deliverables for NOVA is the state portal system where we report our three-year plan, annual plan and fiscal reporting. You can mark that as done since we did that at our June retreat and submit on your behalf. Make sure you have the correct fiscal person listed on the site. Provide that information to Jasmine and she will get that to Valerie to upload who represents your agency for fiscal, whoever signs the contract. You can also see your allocations on the NOVA page. Review the annual plan to know what you have committed to do from the retreat meeting in June. The 24-25 information is forthcoming. You need to be sure to checkmark the tasks that you are doing to meet your goals in the annual plan. We are going to look at what you had last year and whether you are on target this year. There is also the budget breakdown page where you can have your fiscal person review to see what your costs are and this is the piece that you and your fiscal staff can use to stay on target for your spending and minimizing rollover. Everything needs to be submitted by September 29<sup>th</sup> for reporting.

## **VIII. CAEP Summit, 24-25:**

**Jasmine:** October 28-30 in Oakland and Nohora and I are attending so if any other leads want to attend or send staff, we will support the costs as a consortium.

**Nohora:** If you don't go to the CASAS Institute, this is a good event to attend so if you can afford it, book it now but if you are struggling with funding, we can assist. The programs at the summit have changed so you can look at their site to see whether admin. or faculty is the best to attend.

**David:** I attended last year, and we were glad we did and are going to go again.

## **IX. Data Meetings, 24-25:**

- Starts September, Thursdays prior to consortium meetings

**Nohora:** We will be holding these meetings the Thursday before the consortium monthly meetings and we need 100% participation from each agency. It is just an hour and will make a huge difference in data reporting. Please assist and be sure your agency is represented. Please send Blair and Nohora all your data people and maybe even you attend as often as possible so you all understand the data and be responsible for it, you will be signing off on it. The first meeting will be on Sept. 12<sup>th</sup> via Zoom.

## **X. Survey Tool for Consortium Feedback:**

**Jasmine:** In the past we created a Google form, but we don't have anything in place. As we approach our three-year plan, we will need to have something in place. We were thinking Survey Monkey or some sort of paid platform to aggregate that data and will need to implement as soon as possible.

**Nohora:** We need a customer satisfaction survey. This will give us a benchmark to evaluate your programs, classes and services in general. Is it meeting your expectations? How do we capture student feedback to our programs?

**Jasmine:** We need to implement something to track this. We can identify a platform at our September meeting.

**Blair:** We can use it in the middle and at the end to see if they are meeting their original goals.

**Anthony:** I created a planner that is shared with students to track their progress. I will share the sample with the group.

**Marlon:** Just want us to be aware of barriers.

**Blair:** We need to cover barriers as well as goals.

**Nohora:** We need to better track them through the services they need. How many want to get a job, how many want to go to college. I think this is going to be a good effort to know.

**Blair:** We used AirTable it in our orientation to identify barriers and individual needs of students. It puts the information in place at the beginning.

**Jasmine:** We will create a consortium wide survey with a QR code that each agency can utilize.

## **XI. Fiscal Budget Updates:**

**Jasmine:** We need to expend \$51,370.47 of unallocated and \$60,197.45 of fiscal lead funds.

## **XII. Comments:**

**Lenore:** We got three grants that will help aged 16-24 students be able to work for 12 weeks. Another is for 10 weeks. One is called Second Chance for District 5, Banning, Beaumont, Hemet and San Jacinto. If you have questions about any of our programs and we have many that can serve these students.

**Nohora:** Marlon will be working on these types of students, and we will utilize these programs to assist in the lives of these students. We are going to focus on using these programs.

**Lenore:** We can also help with clothing, transportation, living expenses as well as employment.

## **XIII. Adjourn:**

- Ken Swanson, San Jacinto, moved to adjourn
- David Schlottman, Temecula, second
- All approved, so moved

Jasmine Port adjourned the meeting at 10:57 a.m.